Saturday, September 26, 2015

Are We Irresponsible???

It was the Christmas evening of the year 2014 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The sky was gloomy and every scenario of the road was vague because of fogs. A flavor of holiday was going on everywhere. Every couple was looking cheerful and of course beautiful.
It was a beautiful winter evening. I and my soul mate decided to enjoy the moment. To do that, we went to a well known restaurant in Dhanmondi. The restaurant was packed with kids and their parents as Santa was there to share out the gifts and entertain them. It was really making me feel that the Christmas is going on. Meanwhile, a server arrived to our table and handover the menu chart to us. My soul mate chooses the food and we ordered cheese pizza. As we knew that it will take some time to serve so, we began to gossip with each other and our eyes were travelling at every corner of the restaurant to see the cheerful crowds. All of sudden we noticed a couple arrived in that place and took their seats next to us and began to whisper with each other in different way. A thing struck in my mind that, why they are arguing with each other in that beautiful occasion. Then I withdrew my attention from there and again started chatting with my soul mate. She was looking beautiful and cheerful like always. After a while our hot pizza arrived and we were not being able to stop ourselves to have it. So, we were having our pizza and enjoying the moment. All of sudden we noticed an occurrence which took place on the very next table where that two couple were sitting and arguing with each other. We saw the table was empty and a plate with pizza was on that table. After inspecting the situation we discovered that, the couple made an order for the food and left the restaurant without having it and also without making any payment for that. Honestly, I never saw or heard this kind of situation before. At that moment I felt little awful as I was also the customer of that restaurant.
Still today when I try to recall that moment few questions knock in my mind.
Are we performing a role of irresponsible customers?
What status we are creating about us in front of the society by taking part of this type of occurrence?
Are we performing a role of responsible citizen?


??????????????????
After reading this article please leave a comment and share your opinion.
Thank you…

No comments: